The BDAP program (Big Data & Analytics Platform) is a perennial program to build and operate the companywide analytics infrastructure , mainly based on Azure components and highly integrated into our enterprise environment.
You will support the Regional Analytics Centers and all staff and projects requiring Analytics solutions.
- Design and responsibilities for infrastructure management of parts of the global Big Data and Analytics platform using Azure cloud-based PaaS/SaaS services in accordance with IT security requirements.
- Keeping infrastructure in line with our operating model in collaboration with the lead architect for our Azure-based analytic platform
- Responsible for leading the Infrastructure as Code (IaC) development team as Technical Architect and implementing defined Azure-based technologies to extend the global Big Data and analytics platform
- Coordination with the program team, the product lifecycle for technologies within the Big Data and Analytics platform, i.e. design, implementation, IT security sign-off, release management, deployment, etc.
- Very good IT skills acquired in various positions (project management, requirements engineering, consulting, etc.) and thus a deep knowledge of software development processes (agile project methods, object orientation, etc.).
- Many years of experience in the conception of application, platform architectures and as a software developer
- Independent way of working, sense of responsibility and a strong interest in technology-related topics
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills combined with the ability to present complex issues in a clear and understandable manner
- Very good knowledge of Azure architecture: VNets, connectivity between Azure and on-premises, Azure AD, Azure Active Directory Domain Services, integration of various Azure technologies taking into account IT security requirements.
- Very good Azure (architecture) technology knowledge in various Azure services: Azure Data Factory, Azure Kubernetes Services, Azure Event Hub, Azure SQL Server, Azure Datalake Store, Azure Blob Storage, Power BI, Azure Search, Azure ML, Databricks, Cosmos DB.
- Very proficient in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) development using Powershell / ARM templates, Azure DevOps (build pipelines, release pipelines) and Ansible.
- Highly experienced in day-to-day management of IaC developers.
- Fluent in written and spoken business English (German highly welcome).
Start: January 2023
Duration: 6 months
On-site activity: Remote / on-site in Munich preferred